Muscle is the largest endocrine organ in the body and plays a foundational role in healthy physiology.
In addition to movement, muscle drives fat oxidation, glucose metabolism, and detoxification. This means it is incredibly important in offsetting chronic metabolic diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease.
When we build muscle, we create more resources for healthy metabolic processes in the body.
How do we do this?
- Intelligent Strength Training.
- High quality dietary protein (at least 1g per pound body weight daily, is a general recommendation).
- Movement throughout the day; walking, changing positions frequently, play.
- High quality sleep and recovery.
- High nutrient, toxin free food.
- Stress resilience training.
Physical exercise and high quality dietary protein allow us to maintain and build muscle mass. They are critical to optimal health, especially as we age.
Movement and food are powerful medicine.
Enjoy moving into vibrant health!
Disclaimer; Coaching services and information on this site include education, guidance and tips on primal living and generally healthy movement. I am not a medical doctor and services are not intended to be medical advice or a substitute for a diagnosis, treatment, or prescription that a physician, licensed dietitian, physical therapist or health care professional might recommend.